Monday, December 12, 2011

PURIRI MOTH

In the weekend I had a Puriri Moth hatch from when my dad went up to the gum tree at the back of our house and he found three cacoons. We googled about them on the internet. It said that they can stay in their cacoon depending on the weather for four to five years. We shoved the sticks in some soil under a tree in a pot plant and waited and waited and waited. It was not until that very Friday morning that I discovered a small beady hole the size of a marble, only a small marble though. We searched the house and I mean the whole house but we found nothing sadly. Sooner or later we forgot about the moth and settled down on the couch. "HOLLY," yelled dad. I walked down the hall to find a beautiful, creamy, wood coloured moth vibrating on the carpet. We sat down around it and watched it pump the fluids through its wings. LEDGENDARY! He was he had great big feelers that looked like leaves and giant eyes on his lower wings. It was sad to see him go but wait theres two more coming.
BY HOLLY

No comments:

Post a Comment