Friday, February 15, 2013

Ducklings

These are my ducklings. They are two weeks old. They all have big personalities. They are very soft and golden. Mum and I brought them in this morning. We gave them some food because they had not had any this morning. They started peeking into it like jackhamers. Then suddenly they see water in a siver stainless steel dish, peep, peep! They start digging in to both the water and the food. Tick, tick, tick you could hear their beaks peking the bottom. At home druring the day we give them some fresh air outside and put them in their duckling palace. Sometimes we put lettuce or silver beat in the stailess steel dish. Druing the night we put them in an incubater connected to a old bird cage, with food and water in ramicans. Comment From Bec, Hi everybody, the ducklings are soooooooooooo much bigger now - I'm not even sure if I could even fit 1 in that old bird cage! They live in the orchard with the other ducks and chickens now. I let them live in my vege garden for a while when they got too big for Duckingham Palace - they ate all the cherry toamatoes and all the strawberries - now I have thousands of cherry tomato seedlings starting to grow everywhere - I bet you can guess how that happened (I'll give you a hint - the seeds were well fertilised!)

No comments:

Post a Comment