Thursday, March 26, 2009

Simile

This term the students in room 5 have been learning to use deeper language features in their writing. Here are some examples of their work. The WALT (We are learning to...) and Success Criteria can be found at the side of the blog. Feel free to comment positively on the students work.

Our Home
The sea is like a big bath full of animals.
The bath will break if we don’t look after it.
The land is like a big balloon.
The balloon will pop if we don’t look after it.
Both together: it’s our home.
We should look after it.
We can’t go to the shops and get a new one

By Jade Tornquist


The Glitter Fish

When I ran into the water
I saw a scale off a fish, so precise.

When the tide came in
I saw a fish,
It was like a rainbow disappearing, into the deep blue sky.

By Hannah Mills.


WEDNESDAY 11th MARCH

Boom, splash, crack, as the tree fell over like a milo splashing everywhere.
In the morning the fields were covered with water.

By Rhyme


When I went to the beach the sea was like ice. Crash, crash, as the ice cold water hit the sand. When I turned around all the trees tumbled down like a big storm. The storm was hitting the water. I was so frightened. The lightened was like the sun burning on you. OUCH!

By Blossom


Desert Rain Storm

One night, thunder striked. Boom,
Crash! It was a desert storm. Water rolled down like a river flowing fast.

Umbrellas go up like mushrooms, like flowers.

BY JOEY

No comments:

Post a Comment